What should I do to prevent bad breath?
Halitosis, the medical term for bad breath, is of valid concern for some patients. Your first step should be to have a dental examination to check for gum disease or other dental problems. Additional things you can do to help avoid bad breath are
- Brush after each meal and floss every day.
- Brush your tongue to clean away odor-causing bacteria.
- Keep your mouth moist. This tends to keep the saliva flowing.
- Make diet changes. Some foods cause bad breath.
- Stop Smoking.
- Ask about mouth care products or visit our products and services page for a full line of the products we carry.